Terms & Conditions
The Terms and using your tippmee account
How to contact us
You can contact us on email or using Live Chat on our website
Email us at [email protected]
How we'll contact you
We'll contact you via your email, phone or home address. Please let us know if any of these change?
We also send you instant notifications when you receive money tip. You can login to your account anytime to view your tips and payments.
When you purchase any products from our website you agree to our direct debit terms shown on each product price. You can cancel at any time.
The tippmee card can only be used to receive money from mobile payments. It is NOT a credit card or any kind of payment card.
We will pay you immediately funds clear the total balance you have in your account less the transaction fee (usually every Friday). We are constantly developing the system and updating the tech to make it faster and more efficient for you to receive tips.
tippmee fees start at 1% per transaction, lower than any other cashless payment solution. You can login to your account anytime to check your balance. All tips are usually paid every Friday. Payment platform & bank changes vary (20p + average 1.6% to receive tips - these charges are paid for by your tipper so you don't have to cover this) + (20p fee to payout tips regardless of amount)
We operate in multiple countries including Europe, USA, Australia, Asia and Africa. Tips can be received in multiple currencies (UK Pounds, Euros, Dollars, Australian Dollars, Russian Rubles, Zloty and Krona)
We collect tips on behalf of our customers in a secure payment account and payout funds less our commission fee. Our customers agree to pay their own tax on the funds they receive from tippmee. We or our business partners are not liable to pay tax for customers that sign up to the tippmee service.
We may block your payments if:
- we suspect criminal activity on your account
- we're not legally allowed to make the transfer
Using your card abroad
Your tippmee card will work anywhere around the world where payments are accepted by Visa, Mastercard, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal.
Your money is protected by our Payment Processing Partner
We use multiple payment providers
Any money in your tippmee account is fully protected.
You agree to us using your information
By accepting these terms, you agree to us using your information to make and receive payments on your account. If you’re no longer happy for us to use your information, we’ll have to close your account. But we may keep your personal data and use it where we have lawful grounds to do so. For example, any records we need to keep for regulatory reasons.
Please keep your card or/and QR code safe at all times. If we discover any security issues affecting your account, we’ll contact you as soon as possible in the most secure way, using one of our usual channels (see ‘How we’ll contact you’ above).
If you lose your card or QR code please contact us immediately and we will replace and/or resend, please see ‘Lost card’ section on our website www.tippmee.com
Closing your account
You can cancel your account within the first 30 days of opening it, or close it at any other time. If you’d like to, please get in touch with us. Once we've closed it, your card will not work, and you won't be able to access your account.
We can close your account immediately if we believe you've:
- broken the terms of this agreement
- put us in a position where we might break the law
- broken the law or attempted to break the law
- given us false information at any time
- been abusive to anyone at tippmee or a member of our community
Lost or stolen cards
Please contact us at [email protected] or Live Chat on our website and we will gladly resend you your QR Code free of charge. We can replace your personalised card for a charge of £10 (including P&P) Go to 'Lost Your Card' on our website.
How to make a complaint
If you have a complaint, please contact us and we'll do our best to fix the problem. [email protected]
Making changes to this agreement
This agreement will always be available on our website.
We can make changes to our charges, credit card transaction fees or the terms of this agreement from time to time. This includes introducing new charges or third-party credit card rates and charging in a different way.
We may make these changes, including fees we charge, because of changes to:
- law, regulation, industry codes or Financial Ombudsman, court or regulator decisions
- the way we run our business
- the cost of providing your account and running our business, for example a change in our cost of funding, technology (including our systems) and service costs
- the banking or financial services system
- We can make favourable changes to these terms and charges for any reason.
- We can also make proportionate changes for any other balanced and valid reason that impacts tippmee or your account.
- If we make changes to it that are clearly in your favour, we'll tell you once we've made them. Otherwise we'll give you two months' notice and tell you our reasons in the most secure way, using one of our usual channels (see ‘How we’ll contact you’ above).
- If you don't agree to these changes, you can let us know and we'll close your account with no fee. We'll transfer any money owed in the account immediately.